FUEL SYSTEM ABNORMAL CONDITIONS
WP 0020 00-13 (14 blank)
Fuel return, check valve defective.
(1) Remove and inspect valve for proper
seating (no leakage allowed).
Check valve not seating (leaking at seat)
(2) Replace valve if leakage is detected.
Automatic water drain system in-operative.
(1) Open manual drain cock and drain into
If more than one quart
of water is drained, system is inoperative.
System malfunction (water not draining).
(2) If excessive water is found in filter, replace
filter elements (WP 0085, Fuel/Water
Separator Filters Repair and Element
Electrical wiring defect.
(1) Check voltage supply to control unit and
repair or replace wiring as required, refer to
pertinent vehicle technical manual.
Solenoid valve defective.
(1) Apply 24 volts to solenoid and check
If defective, replace solenoid
valve (WP 0087, Manifold Heater Fuel
Filter and Solenoid Replacement).
Control unit or sensors defective.
(1) Replace control unit and sensor assembly
(WP 0084, Fuel/Water Separator Automatic
Drain System and Wiring Harness
END OF WORK PACKAGE