(1) Disconnect connector P53R from connector
(2) Set multimeter to ohms.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P51 socket 8.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
connector P53R socket 6 and note reading
(5) If continuity is not present, repair wire
23T from connector P51 socket 8
to connector P53R socket 6 (para 2-45)
or replace M1083/M1084/M1085/M1090/
M1092/M1093/M1094 rear lights cable
assembly (para 7-84) or M1086/M1088/
M1089 rear lights cable assembly
(6) If continuity is present, replace
intervehicular 24 VDC (12 pin) cable
(7) Connect connector P53R to connector
(8) Connect connector P51 to connector J51.
(9) Install PDP on dashboard with three
(10) Install three washers and screws in PDP.
(11) Install PDP cover (para 16-2).
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability.
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes.
Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.