STANDARD MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Castings, Forgings, and Machined Surfaces
Cleaning Compound Solvent
1. Clean inner and outer surfaces of castings with cleaning solvent (item 8, WP 0173).
2. Dry casting with compressed air.
3. Remove sludge and gum deposits with a stiff brush.
After cleaning, dry casting and blow out all tapped holes with compressed air.
Electrical Cables and Flexible Hoses
Do not use dry-cleaning solvent or mineral spirits paint thinner on
rubber components and flexible hoses.
Prolonged contact with these
cleaners cause leather, rubber, and synthetic materials to dry, rot, and
lose pliability, making them unserviceable.
Clean cables and flexible hoses with soap and water.
Dry parts with wiping rags (item 26,
Oil Passages and Screens
Do not clean oil screens with wire probes.
Damage to equipment can
Particular attention must be given to all oil passages in machined
All oil passages must be free of obstructions.
1. Make sure all oil inlets, outlets, orifices, and passages are free of obstructions.
2. Clean all oil inlets, outlets, orifices, and passages with soft wire (brass or copper) probes to
break up all sludge or gum deposits.
Assure that passages are free from obstructions; remove any particles
which might later become dislodged and contaminate the oil system.
WP 0028 00-5