ROCKER ARM ASSEMBLY AND COVER REPAIR
1. See Work Package 0028 for General Cleaning Procedures.
All parts must be inspected with care.
Replace parts if damage or wear exceeds allowable
1. See Work Package 0028 for General Inspection Procedures.
2. Inspect rocker arm cover (2) for cracks using a magnifying glass (item 73, WP 0176) and a
Replace any cracked rocker arm cover.
3. Check straight shaft (5) for cracks, scores, and metal pick up or plugged oil passages.
any cracked, deeply scored, or plugged straight shafts.
4. Measure outside diameter of straight shaft (5) using outside micrometer (item 17, WP 0176).
Replace straight shafts that do not meet the following limits:
Sizes and Fits of New Parts inches (mm)
5. Inspect adjusting screw (7) for stripped or damaged threads.
Replace adjusting screw if
6. Check adjusting screw (7) by turning in and out of rocker arm (1).
Replace adjusting screw (7)
that does not turn freely.
7. Check swivel pad (B) for free rotation on adjusting screw (7).
Replace adjusting screw (7) if
swivel pad (A) does not rotate freely.
WP 0105 00-3