WIRING HARNESS AND CABLE REPAIR
REPLACEMENT OF CONNECTORS (Continued)
Disassembly of Female Cable Connector with Sleeve
1. Cut and discard terminal (A).
Assembly of Female Cable Connector with Sleeve
1. Strip cable (B) insulation approximately
1/8 inch (3.2 mm).
2. Slide shell (C) and sleeve (D) over
3. Place cable (B) in cylinder end of
terminal (A) and crimp.
Slide shell (C) and sleeve (D) over
Disassembly of Typical Male-Type Panel Mounting Receptacle
1. Using electric heat gun (item 63, WP 0176), heat and remove boot (A) from rear of nut (B).
2. Remove nut (B) from shell (C) and slide nut (B) over cable (D).
3. Drive pin contacts (E) out through rear of shell (C) with pin extractors.
4. Unsolder or cut pin contacts (E) from cable leads (F).
Assembly of Typical Male-Type Panel Mounting Receptacle
1. Strip leads (F) insulation equal to depth of wells in pin contacts (E).
2. Insert leads (F) into wells in pin contacts (E) and solder or crimp leads (F) to pin contacts (E).
3. Push pin contacts (E) into shell (C) from rear until seated.
4. Install nut (B) on shell (C).
5. Apply a thin coat of adhesive (item 1, WP 0173) to boot (A).
6. Install boot (A) on nut (B).
WP 0056 00-15