Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability.
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes.
Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
(1) Remove PDP cover (para 16-2).
(2) Remove three screws and washers from PDP.
(3) Remove three screws from PDP.
(4) Lift PDP outward to gain access.
(5) Disconnect connector J51 from connector P51.
(6) Set multimeter to ohms.
(7) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector PX15 socket N.
(8) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
to connector J51 pin 6 and note reading
(9) If continuity is not present, repair wire 23
from connector PX15 socket N to connector
J51 pin 6 (para 2-45) or replace WTEC II
dashboard cable assembly (para 7-10) or
WTEC III dashboard cable assembly
(10) If continuity is present, repair wire 23
from connector P51socket 6 to splice E18
or splice E46 (M1089) or splice E30
(M1088) (para 2-45) or replace rear lights
cable assembly (para 7-84 or 7-104).
(11) Connect connector PX15 to main light
(12) Install instrument panel assembly (para 7-15).
(13) Connect connector J51 to connector P51.
(14) Install PDP on dashboard with three screws.
(15) Install three washers and screws in PDP.
Install PDP cover (para 16-2).